Why is my Car Leaking?
If you’ve noticed that your vehicle is leaking while you’re driving around Andover, you probably have two questions on your mind: One, why is your car leaking? And two, what exactly is leaking from it. The Commonwealth Motors service center can help you answer both of these questions:
- Pink/Red Fluid: If you see pink or red fluid leaking from your car, don’t worry. It’s likely either power steering fluid or transmission fluid. Our highly-qualified technicians at Commonwealth Motors can help diagnose whether the problem affects the transmission or power steering system.
- Dark Brown Fluid: Another slightly disgusting appearance, dark brown fluid typically involves issues with either brake fluid or motor oil. Motor oil turns dark brown and becomes more viscous after a significant amount of time. Either of these issues can result in potentially life-threatening problems, so be sure to take your vehicle into a service center as soon as you notice dark brown fluid.
- Light Brown Fluid: Typically, light brown fluid indicates either motor oil or gear lubricant. The way you can tell is that gear lubricant has a significant odor, while motor oil only smells if it is on fire.
- Green Fluid: The presence of green fluid is usually a clear indication of antifreeze leaks. This problem is often caused by loose hoses or clamps. Make sure you’re using the right antifreeze by checking your owner’s manual.
- Blue Fluid: Blue fluid is 99.9% of the time windshield wiper fluid. This is an easy fix as our Lawrence technicians can quickly identify leaking components and patch the system up to ensure it does not continue to leak.
- Clear Fluid: Fortunately, clear fluid leaks are nothing to be worried about. In fact, if you notice clear fluid, Commonwealth Motors has some good news for you: Your vehicle’s air conditioning system is working properly, and the fluid you’ve noticed is simply condensation emitted from this system.
Get Great Deals on Service at Commonwealth Motors
Whether you’re looking for an affordable oil change or other maintenance work, Commonwealth Motors is here to help with great deals on affordable service performed by highly-qualified technicians. Schedule service today to get started!
More from Commonwealth Motors
Contact Us If you’ve noticed that your vehicle is leaking while you’re driving around Andover, you probably have two questions on your mind: One, why is your car leaking? And two, what exactly is leaking from it. The Commonwealth Motors service center can help you answer both of these questions: Pink/Red Fluid: If you see pink…
We were lucky enough to have some feet on the ground at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show, and for Commonwealth Motors, that means getting the latest news on five automakers and reporting it back to our Lawrence drivers. So, what Chevy, Honda, Kia, Nissan, and Volkswagen news came out of the Chicago Auto Show? We’ve…
Contact Us You’ve seen it at the top of our site, and it’s our web address, but just what does “Shop Us Last” mean? We get to know our drivers at Commonwealth Motors, and we found that so many came to us – and drove home a new or used car – after shopping around…